Written by Professor Chalom Schirman, Head of the International MBA program.
The International MBA of the University of Haifa is FACING EAST.
In the past years China has become the most active and eager country to create all-out business links with Israel. India, Korea and Japan are also keen to expand their business relations with Israel. It is time for managers to learn, test and experiment how to deal, negotiate, cooperate and collaborate with Chinese and other Asian partners.
The new International MBA at the University of Haifa focuses on East Asian countries and offers many opportunities to learn and experiment, hands on, how to create and/or manage successful business, particularly in East Asia.
This 16 months long English speaking Program is divided into 3 overlapping tracks:
- The first track provides participants with the core business management knowledge, competencies and skills, enabling them to cope with an increasingly complex, competitive and dynamic international business environment.
- The second track provides all participants with comprehensive understanding of the East-Asian markets with courses on Culture, Marketing, and Business Development in each of the 4 main East-Asian economies: China, Japan, Korea and India.
- The third track allows participants to choose their in-depth and hands-on specialisation in either the Chinese or the Indian business world. Courses include
- For Specialisation China:
- A Joint Seminar with MBA students at the East China Normal University and at Tongji University, both in Shanghai, a twin city with Haifa. Students from the Israeli and Chinese university will work together, in bi-national teams, on projects commissioned by companies in the two countries.
- Study Trip (optional) that will put the Israeli IMBA participants in direct contact with peers and managers in the larger YangTse Region, allowing for personal business relations as well as for a personal discovery of China and its modes of management.
- For Specialisation India
- A Joint Seminar with MBA students at the main campus of the leading Indian Business School, the Institute of Management Technology IMT, in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh. Students from Haifa and IMT will work together, in bi-national teams, on projects commissioned by companies in the two countries.
- A Study Trip (Optional) that will put the Israeli IMBA participants in direct contact with Indian peers and managers and allow exchanges with them as well as discover their country and experience their modes of management.
- For Specialisation China:
Faculty members belong to the University of Haifa’s Faculty of Management and to reputed MBA Programs in the USA, the EU, China and India.
The Program is headed by a former Israeli career diplomat who, for the past 16 years, has created and headed an IMBA Program in Shanghai.